[GLLUG] computer science schools in michigan

imetis imetis@imetis.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:18:57 -0500

On Monday 10 March 2003 21:05, you wrote:
> I’m a senior in high school and trying to decide where to go to school next
> fall. I was wondering if any of you know what schools have the better
> computer science programs. The names I’ve heard so far are Wayne State,
> Ferris State, Northern Michigan, Eastern Michigan, and of course Michigan
> State.
>
> thanks,
> jonah

I got my B.S. from Grand Valley and was very happy with their Computer
Science program. They have a maximum class size of 40 students, they don't
use T.A.s and I didn't have a single professor who couldn't speak English.
There is a lot of flexibility in what you focus on in the program. Their CS
labs are running Red Hat. If you want to graduate with not only good
theoretical knowledge, but also good hands on experience, and practical
knowledge I would highly recommend Grand Valley.