[GLLUG] "upgrade" Redhat 8.0 with K12LTSP 3.0.1

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 00:14:11 -0500 (EST)

I would back everything up, and try and install on top of it.
If that doesnt work, go back and reinstall.

I assume this is your main email server which is vital, set up an MX
record to have it forwarded and held on another email server during this
duration. If you really need other services. You can move your current
installation to the p-266 and take your current machine offline while
doing the upgrade. I ran RH 4.2->7.2 on a p-233 and it worked great. I
only upgraded because it took a half an hour to compile the kernel on it
(so make sure you have kernel modules for your nic, etc compiled in before
the switch..)

Sean