[GLLUG] Hello Everyone...

Asenchi asenchi at asenchi.com
Sat Aug 14 10:11:30 EDT 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 03:27:58 -0000 (GMT)
"Charles Ulrich" <dincht at securenym.net> so eloquently said:

+> Can't say I blame you on VB, Perl, and Java, but only out of
curiousity, what
+> don't you like about Python? We've just started using it where I work
and
+> there seem to be a lot of advantages to it.

I started using Python a bit ago, but found some of it a bit hard to
understand.  Especially not understanding programming as a whole just
yet.  However, I found Ruby and it is amazing.  Pretty much anything you
can do in Python you can do in Ruby.  It is such a fun programming
language and a great one to start out on programming with.

Here is a project that I've been working on with a friend in Germany.

http://darkshed.dyndns.org/~mathias/content.php?article.8

+> I haven't been able to make any of the recent meetings, but last I
heard there
+> was a lot of interest in working on a project as a group. There were
some
+> interesting suggestions such as building a cluster and building a
Linux
+> distro, but I'm not sure if anything was ever officially decided
upon. At the
+> start of the year, we were holding free Linux classes for group
members and
+> the community. That was fun.

I don't use linux, I use OpenBSD, but I think it would be a blast to
build a linux distribution.  I am very interested in seeing how this
process is accomplished.  /me raises hand in favor of this.

--
	Asenchi