[GLLUG] New Recruit

C. Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Wed Feb 18 02:06:11 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 10:32, Asenchi wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I attended my first GLLUG meeting last Thursday and must say how
> excited I am to finally attend a meeting! I thought the presentations
> were good, a little long as most of the presenters and organizers
> recognized, but very informative.  While I would consider myself a
> little past the newbie phase of learning Open Source Operating Systems,
> I did learn a couple of little things that have already made my life
> easier.  Thanks a lot.

Glad you had a good time! Normally, GLLUG meetings are actual meetings
rather than training sessions. The short and abridged story is that two
of the functions of the training sessions is to attract new users and to
get those with little experience up to speed so that the group as a
whole can begin working on open source and community projects. (At
least, that's how I understand it.) Eventually, we'll return to regular
and possibly more entertaining meetings. ;)

> I also wanted to know if I could help in any way.  I would like to give
> some presentations on topics,  a few of them not on the list of future
> topics, but anything I can do I would like to do.

The list of sessions can be found in the calendar on the GLLUG web site,
but Jeff has the master list of who's doing what. I think the next few
sessions are full, but if you're knowledgeable on any specific topic,
most people won't refuse help!

> I do have a bit of a scheduling conflict on Thursdays, but hope to make
> at least one full meeting a month and an hour of the 2nd one.
>
> Thanks again for a very informative evening, I look forward to seeing
> you all again.
>
> My name is Curt Micol, and I am addicted to hacking away on FreeBSD.

Welcome to the group!

Charles Ulrich
--
http://bityard.net