[GLLUG] A call to arms.

Jolyon Michael Vincent vincen21 at msu.edu
Sat Jul 3 19:34:48 EDT 2004

I am sending out this request to the masses in order to find a few honorable
souls that I can trust to help me build my "castle". Yes, call me backwards
if you must--but I would like to have a few working web servers with
flourishing content by the end of summer, hosted on a reasonably fast
connection (for free) and maintained by the few, the proud, the....Well
actually just you and me!  When the web server, ftp server, mysql server,
php server, p2p servers, hubs and client-ware are finally installed --I
would like to be able to back up the whole project on a single DVD. Given
most of the software I have seen so far, I think that a DVD is probably
overkill. Howerver this allows me to backup data as well as the original
programs and/or OS.

So this is my request and challenge...to find those that would be willing to
help install, maintain and administer these servers; to keep them from harm,
to ensure their survival against all sorts of threats.

My personal goals for this project include learning more about hosting, with
your help.  The content will be non-profit in nature, in compliance with any
appliciple AUPs/EULAs. If you have any questions, please email me.

Come, let us build not just a castle, but a virtual fortress defended by our
wits and the best IDS you can come up with.

Use Open Source Software. http://www.gllug.org/ is much better.