[GLLUG] CD RW

Ex Fed exfed at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 16:05:05 EDT 2004

You might want to look into DVD RW Dual Format Drive, I have a Sony 530UX at
work, it is the external model with the firewire and USB 2.0, it is
fast..... These are excellent choices to write both cd and to write DVDS.
On 4.7GB you can back up a lot of stuff, and more recently they announced
the 8+GB DVD Double Layer drives.

I did notice a couple of weeks ago that Digilink in Okemos had LITE ON CD RW
drives for $39.00.  Now it seems they are back up to the regular price of
$49.99. While out on the website, I noticed they had a liteon DVD dual
format writer for $99.  I realize that liteon probably will not hold up as
long as sony or plextor, but for $39, I bought one, I will probably use for
a year or so, it until it breaks and by that time the DVD Double layer
technology will be proven and I will buy one of those drives.

Regards,

Lee