[GLLUG] Meeting Minutes for April 21, 2005

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Apr 22 10:38:13 EDT 2005

On Friday 22 April 2005 10:21, after a long battle with technology,
Charles Ulrich wrote:
> Matt Graham gave a great overview of the KDE desktop and pointed out
> many of the neat things that you can do with it. Although Murphy's
> Law was in full effect for the evening, there were lots of questions
> and plenty of interesting conversation.

The presentation notes were in HTML, so I can revise/extend those notes
with answers to the questions people asked and put them wherever if
anyone's interested.

> If you learned about something cool and exciting at the meeting last
> night, please share it with us.

KHotKeys (KDE 3.3.2) is apparently not quite ready for prime time.
Also, if you use "xrandr -s 1024x768" to switch the root window size
from 1600x1200 to 1024x768, then use "xvidtune -next" to try to switch
resolutions, you may get your graphics card to display Undefined
Behavior.  I don't know whether this is a general thing, or something
specific to the Rage128 video chipset... anyone care to test this on
some other graphics cards?  Only 2 of my machines are running X, so I
can only test this with Rage128 and nVidia chips.

> Our appreciation is extended to Gone Wired Cafe

AOL!

--
   Hope is gone and she confessed / When you lay your dreams to rest
   You can get what's second best / But it's hard to get enough...