[GLLUG] SD flash memory cards

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Mon Apr 24 10:43:36 EDT 2006

Eduardo Cesconetto wrote:
> a simpler idea is a PCMCIA adapter...

Perhaps, but that would preclude uploading the photos to desktop
machines. And the lone PCMCIA slot on my laptop is usually occupied by a
wireless card. Also, more and more laptops are being shipped without
PCMCIA slots since USB (and to an extent, miniPCI) are taking over the
functions that almost everybody used PCMCIA for.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'll pick up an SD->USB adapter at some
point. I also noticed that there are some SD cards with built-in USB
contacts. Very cool but a little expensive.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com