[GLLUG] Re: Penguicon Gaming Machines for Computer Room

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Dec 4 16:35:16 EST 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 15:16, after a long battle with technology,
Charles Ulrich wrote:
> On Monday 04 December 2006 13:40, Matt Graham wrote:
> > pesky issue of whether using the ROMs in that manner would be
> > *legal*, which might kill that whole idea.
> In theory, it should be perfectly legal if somebody has an original
> cart on-hand during the event. If there is lots of interest in SMK,
> I'd be happy to swing on down to the local used games store and pick
> up a copy for a few bucks. Or, more likely, somebody on this list has
> a copy collecting dust that they'd let us borrow.

This sounds like a perfectly reasonable, completely doable, and
eminently logical plan.  (So, does anybody have another plan that
involves trebuchets and flying attack porcupines?)

Also, though snes9express's interface is pretty easy to handle, it sort
of requires a mouse or keyboard.  It *might* be possible to gin up some
sort of frontend that only required joystick input, assuming that
anyone wanted to do the grunt work.  I fiddled with doing just that
(hacked-together multiple game emulator frontend using LiRC or joystick
as an input source) earlier, but things like work kept interfering.
Sigh.

--
   I think I'll have to put on 500 pounds of subwoofers, amps, and other
   delicious herbs.  --MegaHAL, trained on ASR