[GLLUG] Ubuntu on damaged hardware...

Thomas Hruska thruska at cubiclesoft.com
Thu Jul 13 17:02:50 EDT 2006

STeve Andre' wrote:
>    Older hardware which can actually do something is *cheap*
> these days.  Last time I looked, MSU Salvage had 500MHz Dell's
> with 128M ram and a 10 or 20G disk for $55.  Add more memory
> to it and you have a machine which can run X/KDE reasonably
> well.

Steve - you're my hero of the week.  Ran a quick Google search and the
price differential of the stuff there is apparently quite excellent.
You've got one of the "best kept secrets" with those two words.  Out of
all the replies, I'd have to say yours is the best.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

Safe C++ Design Principles (First Edition)
Learn how to write memory leak-free, secure,
portable, and user-friendly software.

Learn more and view a sample chapter:
http://www.CubicleSoft.com/SafeCPPDesign/