[GLLUG] SubVersion (source code version management)

Jason Green jave27 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 14:06:28 EDT 2006

On 6/30/06, frank.dolinar at comcast.net <frank.dolinar at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm looking for a good source code version management system.
> The application I'm currently looking at is the proposed CVS replacement
> called SubVersion.
>
> Has anyone actually used SubVersion?

Yep, fairly easy to learn the basics.  There are a ton of advanced
things you can do with it, too.  Highly recommended for small to
mid-size projects.  Any text-based files that you want to store will
work fine.  Binaries work fine, too, but you won't get the space
reduction since it will have to store pretty much the whole file each
time you change it, instead of just the text differences.

I've learned a lot of "Git" lately which is used in kernel development
and for Wine.  It's proably overkill for small stuff, but it is really
nice for large projects.  Pretty steep learning curve, though.