[GLLUG] Laurel Park Room

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 17:32:59 EST 2006

Cedega used to be called Winex they took most of their source from wine this
is true However they have made there own additions, and have geared there
program towards gaming. They also cost money but have a 14 day free trial...
we can use that unless someone thinks it will take more than 14 days to get
the games working. As far as a moral gearing towards wine, we're trying to
show off linux, and prove that it can do everything windows can better, I
may not agree with transgamings actions but I don't think not showing of
games for moral reasons we have will help. Jason your machine sounds good
and although I plan to have mine up again by then... dead now, Perhaps you
would be willing to let us use it for the gaming machine at penguicon? If
you want we could even use my hard drive It's image should be easily adapted
to the changes in your hardware. I 128 cd folder full that only has pc games
in it. I have most of the blockbusters that will be played.

I don't think we have to worry so much about them (gamers)pirating off the
internet, but each other, and they may use our CD's to do it, which means
big sign with disclaimer.

as far as the bandwith goes maybe we should setup a proxy to cache the pages
so people get the most common stuff from the inside instead of the outside.