[GLLUG] Hardware issues.

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Mon Mar 27 21:00:35 EST 2006

eric.hein at us.army.mil wrote:
> In a limited search I've not found a way to use a salvaged laptop
> processor other than another salvaged laptop that needs one.  Is
> there a kind of hybrid motherboard where I might us an mobile pentium
> 4 processor in a desktop system?  Any one have other ideas?

A cursory googling suggests that the Mobile Pentium 4 has the same
Socket 478 pinout as the equivalent P4 desktop processor, so maybe you
can just use a standard P4 motherboard. Might be a good idea to research
that before plugging it in, though.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com