[GLLUG] Wanting to write my own xorg.conf

Giovanni DiMatteo the.principal.ideal at gmail.com
Tue May 2 21:17:32 EDT 2006

I'm a student at Albion College, Gentoo/OpenBSD/FreeBSD triple-boot user,
and am REALLY frustrated with figuring out how to write my own xorg.conf for
Gentoo... I noticed that the GLLUG had a meeting in September that discussed
this very thing, and I missed out :/ .

Does anyone have notes or a power point from that meeting?   How about
websites that help with this very thing, or example xorg.conf files for my
kind of laptop (I am on a Thinkpad R51, 2883-8QU).  Of course, I have rtfm,
and googled a lot, but it's not straightforward enough--I especially need to
know how I can get the hardware information I need (horiz/vertical sync
/refresh rates or w/e).

Thanks!