[GLLUG] Great Cheap wireless PCI!

Marr marr at flex.com
Sat May 20 02:06:25 EDT 2006

On Friday 19 May 2006 6:23pm, Eduardo Cesconetto wrote:
> I'd add to Charles's quote that the Netgear WG511T Made in Taiwan
> works flawlessly out-of-the-box with all the distros I tried, but the
> made in China version it very problematic.

Both of my Netgear WG511T PCMCIA cards say "MADE IN CHINA" on the back and
they both work fine under Slackware Linux, with the 'MADWiFi' (Atheros
chipset) driver. Both were purchased in Aug 2005 at Staples ($40 [$50 - $10
rebate] apiece). They don't see a lot of use, but I've never had any problems
whatsoever.

Just curious -- what sort of problems are/were you having?

Bill Marr