[GLLUG] Cups HEADER?

Thomas Hruska thruska at cubiclesoft.com
Tue Apr 17 14:37:51 EDT 2007

Benjamin Cathey wrote:
> Oh - I know about the banner page but the idea is to cut down on wasted paper
>
> :)
>
> I would think the header/footer with username would have been a common option but I can't find anything about it in the documentation of online.
>
> Thanks you gurus out there might be able to clue me in to what I am missing.
>

> Benjamin Cathey
> System Administrator
> Cathey Company

Isn't CUPS just a PostScript printer?  That means it has to work with
data in PostScript format - which, IIRC, is plain-text.  Which, in turn,
means you can potentially inject a header wherever you want.

But editing raw PostScript data is kind of hard.  An easier method:

http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sum.html

See that link for "Pretty Print".  Then the trick would be to name the
file such that it includes the username in the filename.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

*NEW* VerifyMyPC 2.5
Change tracking and management tool.
Reduce tech. support times from 2 hours to 5 minutes.

http://www.CubicleSoft.com/VerifyMyPC/