[GLLUG] Re: Debian on My Laptop

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Thu Apr 19 11:43:12 EDT 2007

Julie Code wrote:
> Is what you're saying Wald, is that SLackware's installer doesn't have a
> GUI
> or the entire operating system? I think I'd be willing to use an operating
> system without a GUI but it would probably be hard for me.  I did look up
> slackware and they do have KDE for slackware http://www.slackware.com/
> My computer is an I586 333 Mhz 4.3 billion byte HDD, with 24x cd rom. by
> the
> way....

Julie,

You'll be able to run a simple GUI on it.  Fluxbox might be a good choice
for window managers because it has a modern feel, is easy to set up, and
extremely light weight.  In fact it's what will be running on the burn
box, so you can take a look before you commit.

Clay
--
Simple Content Management
http://www.ceamus.com