[GLLUG] Penguicon

Eduardo Cesconetto eduardo at cesconetto.com
Mon Apr 23 08:48:11 EDT 2007

I'd also like to share my comments about our performance on Penguicon.

- The Terminal Server rocked that place, we had a lot of good reviews of
the service, and because of the wireless fiasco by Hilton, it was pretty
much the only access to people that needed out either for business or
plain emailing/surfing. Kudos to GLLUG!

- I wasn't there for installfest because it overlapped with the Stake
Panel(hehehhe), but i heard people fell in love with the "customer
service". Kudos to GLLUG!

- The Burn Box and the Print Box also provided a very good service, Ops
used and abused the Print Box, just as the general public did, and the
Burn Box was flawless! Kudos to GLLUG!

Now for he bad stuff

- I believe(and it's just MY OPINION) that the Game Box should be more
then one, and I also think that should be about OPEN SOURCE gaming more
then anything else. Playing commercial games is cool, but does not
contribute to the Open Source Community. I believe more planing and
discussion is necessary about this.

- When we volunteer to help at the lounge, we make a commitment. Other
volunteers also want to attend panels and have fun, and by not showing
up, some volunteer(s) disrespected the group, and I honestly think
something should be done about it.

- We could have had more items for sale, to raise funds to our pizza
money. This is something that only Chick acted on, more of us should
follow the example.

- I strongly suggest that GLLUG need a "GLLUG Suite", for all the
volunteers to crash and also so we can trow a party!

Overall, WE ROCKED!!!

Eduardo