[GLLUG] Help configuring network (RE: Meeting Thursday, February 8)

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Thu Feb 8 09:31:44 EST 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 19:23, Junus, Ranti wrote:
> I wonder if I could stop by at this meeting and have somebody help me
> out?

Hi Ranti,

It's possible that the PCMCIA drivers aren't loading right, since network
cards tend to Just Work under Linux these days. Feel free to drop by with
your laptop, someone should be able to help you out. If you're not opposed to
trying a different Linux distro, you might give Xubuntu a try. It's snappy on
older hardware and based on Ubuntu, so there's loads of community support and
a well-maintained selection of software.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com