[GLLUG] Notes on my first meeting. . .

Benjamin Cathey benjamincathey at catheycompany.com
Fri Jun 8 12:47:40 EDT 2007

Well - I finally did it.  I attended a meeting.  Nervousness was running rampant on the drive in (I am socially challenged.)  I kept to myself for most of it, not because I don't like you guys, just because I was panicing at a room full of people I don't know.

It went well though . . . I think in time I may be able to feel a part of this.  To "get involved."

A few questions.  Are we a Non-Profit?  How do we fund events, like the Con or even the Pizza?  Is there a community pot?  Do we fund-raise or sell Penguin Mints or anything of that like?

If not I should have thrown in for the pizza.  It appears I am the only veggie in the group except the other guy who was eating the cheese pizza.  For all I know he was just averse to unidentified meats (like pepperoni) :D

Also - I am horrible with names.  It has to do with the social phobia thing.  Sorry it will take me a while to put faces and names together.

Have patience with me guys, I'm coming out of a shell I've been in for 10+ years.

That's about it.  Gotta get back to the servers!

Regards,

Benjamin Cathey
System Administrator
Cathey Company
4917 Tranter St.
Lansing, MI 48910 USA
Phone:     517.393.4720
Fax:       517.393.4225
Toll Free: 800.333.1972
"Service is Our Profession"

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this E-mail message from your computer.