[GLLUG] Permissions on a FAT32 volume?

Mike Szumlinski szumlins at mac.com
Mon Jun 11 10:15:35 EDT 2007

This is probably so simple, but I have been helping some friends get
fiber channel up and working on their AutoDesk Smoke system for some
testing and they are able to see a FAT32 LUN with no problem, but
only root has permission to write to it.  We basically want to give
open access to the drive to any user on the system.  Am I missing
something in the fstab?  I know FAT32 doesn't support permissions, so
my thought was that it should actually just allow full read/write by
all users.

Any ideas or things to look for?

-Mike