[GLLUG] Computer Lounge wiki

Jason Green jave27 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 12:23:01 EST 2007

On 3/6/07, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:
> when you say vanilla wine you mean a binary or a non custom hacked
> source build. I'm building it from source but I wasn't going to change
> anything.

Just Wine itself.  There are some patches floating around that provide
some support for some versions of Safedisc if I recall, but they never
made it into the main Wine tree due to code architecture
disagreements.  Therefore, Wine doesn't handle most copy protection
schemes.

> charles would you like to give me write access to the penguicon page
> so I can update this (your choice)? If not when accrediting
> transgaming please link to there home page (transgaming.com) jason
> correct url if needed. I feel that's an added inclination to donations
> as it boosts (correct me if I'm wrong) search engine page rankings
> (among other things).

Yeah, just a note on the wiki is fine.  I'll probably bring some type
of minor marketing material to have sitting around the gaming
machines, but we don't need a huge signage area or anything like that.

> can non sponsored hardware for gaming pipe up and remind me what we
> have access to if we need it (jason... rick anyone else?) 2 computers
> so far I think. 3 (if mine's included) but it's way sub-spec, ati, and
> won't run half of what I want decently.

I'll be providing the following hardware:

 - AMD64 3400, NVIDIA 6600GT, 1 GB RAM, running Ubuntu Dapper.  Runs
everything decently.. not a speed demon, though.  I only have an ugly
19" CRT for it, so if someone can lend an LCD for the event, that
would be nicer looking.

 - 15" MacBook Pro Intel Core2 Duo 2.33, ATI X1600, 2 GB RAM, running
Ubuntu Edgy.  Runs games very well speed-wise, but being an ATI card
in Linux, there are a number of graphical issues in certain games due
to fglrx driver bugs.