[GLLUG] does anyone have??

Thomas Hruska thruska at cubiclesoft.com
Fri Mar 30 09:32:54 EDT 2007

Julie Code wrote:

> Sean,
>     It depends on what works.... I am planning on playing a bunch of old
> games so it would kind of help if i had another machine because some
> games won't even work at all or too buggy in wine.   It makes it easier
> on me too because I am not a techie by any means as you well know and
> Caleb isn;t willing to help me either....
>
> Julie

My suggestion (off-list) to use VMWare with a legit copy of Win95 (or
Win98) and a "slowdown" program (for the older games) is fine here.
VMWare can accurately emulate pretty much anything*.  Minus the DirectX
hardware acceleration stuff, which is classified as "experimental".  But
you won't need hardware acceleration anyway with this route - you're
going to have a hard enough time slowing down your speedy computer as-is.

* Including BSODs.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

*NEW* VerifyMyPC 2.4
Change tracking and management tool.
Reduce tech. support times from 2 hours to 5 minutes.

http://www.CubicleSoft.com/VerifyMyPC/