[GLLUG] got my laptop today!

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Tue May 22 21:40:26 EDT 2007

If Mandriva supports it, you should have a good experience.  That distro
has has good support for notebooks starting at around 2006.0 (on 2007.1
now I think).  There is also a tool included at the beginning of the
install that will let you resize your NTFS partition.  The tool tends to
stay on the safe side, but I would nonetheless recommend making sure you
have a backup of the system partition.  I would recommend you keep your
Windows C drive fairly small (20-30G unless you think you will be
installing a lot of windows software).