[GLLUG] got my laptop today!

Benjamin Cathey benjamincathey at catheycompany.com
Wed May 23 10:22:50 EDT 2007

>->> As for the installation itself, try the Ubuntu desktop CD first.  The part
>->> of a dual boot installation  that always makes me the most nervous is
>->> actually creating free space for your new partitions.  I'm not sure if
>->> Feisty's installer does this yet for NTFS partitions.  In the past, I've
>->> always been hesitant to trust in beta NTFS support for this operation, and
>->> have created the free space with Partition Magic under windows.

Not sure - although I just installed Feisty on a windows machine - I used gparted to resize NTFS.  I have done this MANY times and it all works fine.  I even create a Fat32 Partition with a mount point /shared that I put all my mp3s, etc on so both OS's can use it.

Regards,

Benjamin Cathey
System Administrator
Cathey Company