[GLLUG] postscript document

Julie Code jewels9321 at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 00:18:38 EDT 2007

Hey guys,
          It's been pretty quiet around here lately. =) I have asked some
people on #latex about this, and I know a couple of you have had experience
with LaTeX.  So sorry for posting off topic but if anyone has any idea if
they could fix my problem, let me know.  I am trying to insert a jpeg file
into latex. And I am having a heck of a time, been tryinig for hours all
kinds of stuff and keeps on spitting out the same error message to me.  Here
is what I type in

\begin{figure}[tbp]
\centering
\includegraphics[width=\columnwidth]{/home/julie/im004704.jpg}
\caption{Figure 1.1}
\end{figure}

here is what I get as output:

! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in /home/julie/im004705.jpg
(no
BoundingBox).

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.70 ...th=\columnwidth]{/home/julie/im004705.jpg}

Well if anyone has the slightest idea what is going on let me know.

julie