[GLLUG] PHP vs Python

Patrick Hawkins phawk42 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 14:07:18 EST 2007

I'd recommend Python, but I don't know enough PHP or enough about PHP to
make a recommendation either way.

With regards to frameworks, once you start working on something outside the
problem domain of the framework, I'm not sure how it could be much more
difficult than rolling your own code for that functionality. You'll just
have to decide what tradeoffs you'll be willing to make either way.

If you do decide to go with a python web framework, I suggest looking into
both Pylons and web.py.

-Patrick