[GLLUG] Penguicon Program Book

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 12:44:33 EDT 2008

So, first draft of the program book came out, and apparently, only one
event out of three is in it. Mind you, only two events out of three are
in the DabbleDB (http://penguicon.dabbledb.com), so, that's not TOO Bad.

I need blurbs for the Keysigning Party and the InstallFest before 3pm
today, so I can forward them off to the proper people. I'm going to send
the following to the person working on the program book and to the
Program Chair, and if I don't see anything changes before 2:45 or so,
they'll stick. I do NOT consider myself qualified to write these, but,
better to have my version, than none at all.

Here's what's in there for the Ubuntu Packaging Jam:

Ubuntu Packaging Jam
Saturday 3:00:00 PM Maple A 2h Software, Tech
Rick Harding, Jorge Castro
A package manager application conveniently downloads and
installs software in Debian-based Linuxes such as Ubuntu.
We'll package up source code and binaries so that this
library will be even bigger. Ubuntu Michigan LoCo Team
teaches how. Students should already be proficient at using
the terminal for editing.

Fundamentally, that's what's in the DB. So, my submits, which are going
out with a 'LIABLE TO BE CHANGED IN CONTENT BEFORE 3pm' note, are:

Linux InstallFest 2.0
Friday 8:00:00 PM Maple A 3h Software, Tech
Chick Tower, Marshal Newrock, Charles Ulrich, Jeff Lawton
GLLUG will be repeating its highly-popular and
successful *nux InstallFest this year! Bring your own
machine, or even portable storage device, and walk
away with a fully-functional *nux installation! A limited
selection of Ubuntu Linux distros will be available, but if
you bring your own install media, we'll be happy to guide
you through the process for any ...or at least segfault trying!

Keysigning Party
Saturday 11:00:00 AM Maple A 2h Software, Tech
Richard Houser
GLLUG's Richard House hosts an expansion of the Web
of Trust in the Computer Lounge. Got a PGP key? CACert?
Share it with your fellow geeks! Need one? Show up and
we'll guide you through the steps! If you'll be participating in
the Ubuntu Packaging Jam you'll NEED one! For best results,
bring two forms of government issue ID, and your public key/
fingerprint if available, preferably on removable media.

-- Peter Smith