[GLLUG] Emacs IRC Client Trouble

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:21:16 EST 2008

Just use GAIM, Pidgin, or Kopete, Bill.  They come with Slackware.

That's one of my pet peeves with emacs.  It can be adapted to do almost
anything, which is not the Unix/Linux philosophy of small utilities to
do one job supremely well.  But why would you bother to modify a text
editor to be a chat client, or a Usenet client?  Just because you can
does not mean it's the right tool for the job.  I could wash dishes in
my toilet, but I'll pass.

                                Chick