[GLLUG] Sofware Freedom Day

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Tue Jul 29 09:57:21 EDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Peter Smith wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Michigan State Spartans vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish <Date, September
> 20, 2008. Time, 3:30 PM. >

That rules out MSU right there.  Anybody have suggestions on finding an
audience?  How about teaming up with someplace like Best Buy?  Show people
how to stretch their computer dollar with free software, so instead of
having to buy a smaller computer and drop a bundle on an office suite,
they can buy a bigger computer, get an office suite, graphics tools and
desktop publishing.  Again, without forcing them off of windows.

That also makes a good venue for things like showing off what can be done
by the really adventureous via Linux.  Things like a Mythbox, or video
editing with kdenlive.  I'm perfectly happy to show off kdenlive if we can
get a machine in with the horsepower.

Clay