[GLLUG] Burnbox & Beer progress

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Mon Apr 20 09:49:16 EDT 2009

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Peter Smith wrote:

> Ubuntu 8.10....hrm...I was thinking 8.04 LTS and 9.04, assuming the latter
> is released on time on April 23rd, 2009. FreeBSD 7.2 will start being
> released on May 1; if I can poke and get an image by then, I'll drop it on
> something and bring it along; we'll see if RC2 comes out today.

I went with 8.10 just because it's the current release.  It's a good
fallback in the event that 9.04 isn't available by the day before.  I'm
not really feeling the 8.04 thing.  Nothing against it, it's just that
I'll already have six Ubuntu ISOs on the box.

The latest FreeBSD would be good, but as of May 1 I consider the images
final.  The box gets packed Thursday night (April 30) and the next day I
have other priorities.  Get me media to me on the 30th and I'll try to get
it installed.

Clay