[GLLUG] PenguiCon

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Fri Jan 16 21:34:45 EST 2009

Trevor,

I ran the keysigning party last year and intend to do so again this year
(this time with more than a week's preparation).  I haven't started to get
the fine details together yet, but we (many of the people that made assurer
status last year intend to return and help out) were tentatively thinking
something along the lines of splitting this up a little bit.  I'd like to
move the identity verification portion out either to a common area like the
lobby or into a nearby room (ideally where we can re-arrange the tables to
form some lines).  I was also thinking that we should extend the total event
into two panels (CAcert.org registration, identity verification, forms, etc.
for the first -- and a lab-style walkthrough with GnuPG + classroom
instruction w/ theory for the second).

Depending on the number of interested parties, I might also be able to pull
together an advanced session on Friday evening (or early Saturday morning)
for those aiming for assurer status or developing PKI/WoT solutions for
business, etc.  I was also considering an RPM version of last year's package
jam, but I don't think I could pull both off.  So, it's going to take me a
little while to decide on this one.

The ribbons were a really nice touch last year (although it took me
something like two hours to track down who they had came from).  Thank you
again!  I've got a few ideas for some more unique ones relating to these
panels this year, but I'd rather not discuss those openly on the list :).

I've got plenty of time on the ribbons, right?  Can I get back to you about
all this next week after I talk to everyone, get an idea of the facilities
layout, etc?