[GLLUG] Picnic II: Grilled Chicken

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Fri Jul 24 13:54:54 EDT 2009

Just to spur this cookout thing along:

We have two pastured chickens ready to grill.  I've cooked this kind
of bird before, and they're awesome as a beer-butt chicken.  The birds
are, as I write this, sitting in Jeff's freezer awaiting the cookout.

What we need is a time and a location.  The birds take a couple of
hours to cook, so we can't do this on a week night.  It needs to be a
weekend.  We also need to find a good sized kettle grill.  I have one
webber kettle grill, but I need a second, because you can only fit one
bird into the covered grill, and the birds have to be covered to cook
this way.  The rectangular covered grills aren't big enough.  And
these birds have to be cooked over charcoal, because the fuel cost for
gas will be ridiculous.

I'm volunteering my place as a first pass.  Remember though that I
live in Flushing, so if anybody else has a better location to
volunteer, let me know.

Clay
--
Online RPG Campaign Planning