[GLLUG] Picnic II: Grilled Chicken

charles at bityard.net charles at bityard.net
Fri Jul 24 15:30:01 EDT 2009

On Fri, July 24, 2009 1:54 pm, Clay Dowling wrote:
> What we need is a time and a location.  The birds take a couple of
> hours to cook, so we can't do this on a week night.  It needs to be a
> weekend.  We also need to find a good sized kettle grill.  I have one
> webber kettle grill, but I need a second, because you can only fit one
> bird into the covered grill, and the birds have to be covered to cook
> this way.  The rectangular covered grills aren't big enough.  And
> these birds have to be cooked over charcoal, because the fuel cost for
> gas will be ridiculous.

I have a Webber kettle grill as well. It's missing legs, but still works
great. I'll volunteer it for the cookout even if I'm not able go.

> I'm volunteering my place as a first pass.  Remember though that I
> live in Flushing, so if anybody else has a better location to
> volunteer, let me know.

My votes are for the weekend of the 1st or the weekend of the 29th in
August. No idea on location. Are there any parks we could use? If I had a
cantenna, I could probably shoot wifi into Washington Park from my house.
:P

Charles
--
http://bityard.net