[GLLUG] Alternative to SUSE Enterprise Linux

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Sat Mar 21 12:19:59 EDT 2009

What kind of software do you make (ex. C GUI app, JEE application, Python
daemon, PHP app, etc.)?

IMO, you shouldn't be as concerned at targetting a specific distro as
opposed to specifying software requirements (with an ex. REL 4.0, SUSE 1.0,
for marketting).  For example, the latest Linux releases still run binaries
built for 1.0.  I suspect the only problems you'd have are dynamic link
libraries.  The LSB attempts to satisfy some of those, and you can bundle
the rest with the applications.  It's what all the proprietary applications
I've dealt with do.