[GLLUG] Alternative to SUSE Enterprise Linux

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Sat Mar 21 12:29:45 EDT 2009

For the record, Mandriva has a similar version called 'Free' which the
commercial version is based on, although Mandriva does coordinate all the
releases.  Much of the development happens community style, like Debian
though.

With few exceptions, a well written RPM should work on all current versions
of Mandriva, RedHat, Fedora, CentOS, etc.  Search around for any
applications distributed as a single RPM for such distros and the applicable
spec file should be helpful.  Expect the only catchy parts to be figuring
out the name of any external packages you might require.