[GLLUG] Penguico 8.0 in 2010

eduardo cesconetto eduardo at cesconetto.com
Wed May 20 01:10:04 EDT 2009

 Eduardo Cesconetto - eduardo at cesconetto.com - www.cesconetto.com

On May 19, 2009, at 10:12 PM, Mark Thuemmel wrote:

> Greetings Eduardo,
>
> First, thanks for the talk I think you did at a LUG meeting I
> attended a
> year or two ago....if you are the same guy, you did a good
> presentation.

Don't remember you, sorry...

> Next, I think you are the original Brazilian Beef guy, again thanks
> for
> the efforts!

NP, I just try to do the Open Source thing, sharing my culture with
everybody w/o giving a damn for recognition or any kind of return.
Humanity deserves better cooked beef. :P

> Your response here does not seem to be what I'd expect from your past
> contributions....Please, let's focus on how we can provide an awesome
> Linux experience at the next Penguicon, and offer how to make it
> happen.

You can expect whatever you want, I am going to speak my mind anyway,
believe me, most of us think the same, some even sent me private
emails agreeing with my position, but I guess I have this bad habit of
telling how it is...

> Don't let the few people that don't respect you get you down....I've
> enjoyed you and GLLUG's endless contributions so far....seriously
> GLLUG
> stepped up in many ways over the years at Penguicon.

I do not know what u talking about, I could give less of a shit about
somebody not respecting me because I don't agree with the way things
are going. And because GLLUG stepped up, it deservers recognition and
MORE AUTONOMY, not the teenager screw-up son treatment it's getting
from the ConCom.

> My 2 cents....ignore me if you like.  I'll be at next year's Penguicon
> even if you and GLLUG just bitch.

Consider yourself ignored, and have fun next year, I'll certainly not
going to be there. I'm done with WhateverCon...

> So let someone set up a Windows box in the Lounge for the poor lost
> soul
> attending Penguicon that does not know the first thing about Linux.

Sure, go ahead and put a Windows licensed machine available for public
usage, let's see how many copyright/license infringements you idiots
can achieve. I had to deal with Windows licensing before, and it's
fun! Go for it!