[GLLUG] Installing Ubuntu on Dell Insprion 2600 laptop (part 2)

Bert W. Carrier Jr. bertcarrier at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 20:09:12 EST 2010

I had a similar problem, I had to pull the drive,  hook up a 2.5-3.5"
converter, install the HDD into a desktop Machine with a good optical
drive,  and use the desktop machine to install the command-line version
of Ubuntu from the alternative install CD.   Then I reinstalled the HDD
into the laptop and it works like a champ.   I've got an adapter if you
want to borrow it.