[GLLUG] 16 megs ram laptop

Thomas Driscoll tad001 at sunn.net
Wed Sep 22 08:40:38 EDT 2010

I have had luck with machines with limited memory and disk space with Puppy linux though my favorite mini-linux is DSL(Damn Small Linux). I do know know what you objective is with this laptop, but if your using it for training (which I have done)and I have used ssh with X forwarding for some things; or I have used command line only programs. Slax is another small distro but Slax would like a decent video card imho. Does the laptop have an ethernet interface? Some distros can start with a floppy and install over the network. Just some off the cuff ideas...