[GLLUG] [Bulk] What is the difference between GNOME, KDE, XFCE, and LXDE?

Matt Harrison matt.harrison82 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:53:48 EDT 2011

I go back and forth between KDE and Xfce.  I was using 4.8 in Debian
Testing for a long time and I think that it is very nice.  Native
network browsing in Thunar is a big plus now.  Not to mention for all
they added, it works 99.9% the same as 4.6 as far as configuration
goes.  LXDE is interesting, but I think, at least to me, that it does
lack in certain feature areas, but it makes up for that in slimness
and overall performance.