[GLLUG] meetings location: REQUEST TO LIST

Jeff Lawton jeff at idealso.com
Fri Aug 19 12:38:38 EDT 2011

Addressing an additional concern that was raised a while ago about
exposure. In the now location we have had three new people attend the
new location. I have been out of town and was able to attend last night
for a while and I like the new location for all the aforementioned reasons..

On 08/18/2011 11:26 PM, Stan Mortel wrote:
> On 08/17/2011 05:51 PM, Jeremy Neil wrote:
>> well I was wondering why you guys ended up moving from the main CADL
>> building downtown. thought it slightly humorous to be called "greater
>> lansing" linux users group while currently holding meetings in
>> okemos. anyways short topic I thought I'd bring up.
>>
>> on another note.. probably not gonna show up to the meetings as long
>> as they are outside of lansing of such a distance.
>>
>> jrmy

> Jeremy,
>
> The move was made for a number of reasons.  CADL does not have (allow)
> food or drink and is pretty sterile for casual meetings, though good
> for presentations.  Gone Wired was hot and noisy (band) and not
> conducive to discussion.  However, both were centrally located.  The
> new location is out on the East side of town, and that is a concern.
> But, it is a pretty good environment for our meetings.  It's not
> noisy.  The drinks are good, and the food at least OK.  And the owners
> are very helpful and cooperative.  It was at least established that
> there was bus service to the Meridian Mall, which is close enough for
> an easy walk.
>
> However, I am still somewhat concerned about the location.  So, it
> needs to be established how many members of GLLUG are unable or
> unwilling to travel to the Okemos location, or even are a bit unhappy
> about it.  In general, I suspect everyone would be more than willing
> to try a new location that has all of the desirable features but a
> more central location.  So, if you know of someplace, please offer it
> up as a suggestion.  Alternatively, keep your eyes open for a likely spot.
>
> Again:  How many of you are reluctant to attend because of the Okemos
> location?
>

> Stan

Jeff Lawton
Ideal Solution, LLC