[GLLUG] meetings location: REQUEST TO LIST

Ariel Lonchar currentlyunnameddj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 14:43:16 EDT 2011

I am someone who tended to lurk more on the list rather than attend
meetings, as my work schedule didn't allow me to show.  That has since
changed, I was able to go last night.  There is ample parking, the drinks
were pretty good and so were the dessert foods.

I also used to work at CADL downtown, and sterile environment for the
meeting area was just one of the issues there.  The security guards were
overworked and underpaid, which wasn't fair to them.  The likelihood of
getting mugged, car broken into, or bike stolen was also pretty high.  With
the denial of food/drink, if you wanted dinner or further socialization you
had to find something open after, which in the downtown area basically
boiled down to the overpriced bars as everything else was closed.

I can't think of a place that would be better for our meetings than Coffee &
Friends.

My two cents,
Ariel