[GLLUG] [Bulk] Antec Drive Unmounting

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:29:32 EDT 2011

Thanks for the info, Bill.  I have an SLK2600AMB, a mid-sized tower that
I've been real happy with until now.  The rails are different than in
your photo; it looks like they have a thick wire or small rod that is
curved outward in it's middle that runs along the side of the drive
(like a parenthesis) and flexes enough to allow them to snap into a
(supposed) receiving groove inside the drive cage.  They only mount on
one side of the drive.  There's one locking bar for each drive slot on
the outside of the drive cage, but no matter which position I slide it
into, I can't budge the CD burner.

The manual has no information on removing the drives, of course.  This
is not in the removable 3.5" drive cage, but the fixed 5.25" one.
Either of these would have made life TOO easy.

                                Chick