[GLLUG] Network storage question

Mike Szumlinski szumlins at mac.com
Tue May 15 09:49:14 EDT 2012

I actually do both for my business.  My production data needs are modest, so I have a 1TB firewire drive offsite connected to an old server that I sync to every couple of hours.  I can see that system and the data at any time (albeit slowly) and it is about 15 miles away from me, so baring something crazy in the world of natural disasters in Michigan, I'm probably ok.

I also have a tape library that I do a weekly full backup of and rotate tapes.  These are moved to a different location with the hope that I'll never have to use them, but having the data in two places beyond production makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

-Mike