[GLLUG] PXE Debian install problem

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Jan 14 16:13:35 EST 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 03:46:11PM -0500, J Neveau wrote:

> That was the issue I had originally questioned.  I didn't know how to
> "bridge" the connection between eth1 (client ->host) and eth0 (host
> ->router) to forward the traffic
> to the router for internet accessibility for the original client machine.
>  I DID have the DHCP server enabled on the router to simplify connecting
> devices.  But if I
> try utilizing iptables, I'll disabled it on the router, assign each machine
> a static address and use DHCP on the host machine to assign the IP to the
> PXE boot client.

I think you're overthinking things.

If the only systems you want to PXE boot is off of eth1, don't change
anything with your router or eth0.  Just set up NAT and ip forwarding
on eth1, and have dnsmasq hand out DHCP addresses and PXEboot images
on eth1.

I'm not sure which distro you're using, but I'm sure it has
documentation for setting this kind of thing up.