[GLLUG] New to Linux

Antonio Gurgel agurgel11 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 23:18:17 EDT 2014

Linux from Scratch I would definitely not recommend to new users; I'm an
intermediate one and I'm stuck on an uncooperative GCC compilation.

That said, somewhere between Ubuntu and LFS in terms of abstraction is Arch
Linux: you download and burn/run an ISO which gives you a minimal,
zsh-based environment, with which you can create a Linux system out of
effectively nothing. Gentoo works on the same principle but has you compile
every package (as opposed to downloading binaries like you would from Arch
Linux's pacman).

Antonio Gurgel
/ɡʊr'ʒɛl/ goor-ZHEL