[GLLUG] Fedora Packages

Patrick TenHoopen ptenhoopen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 11:21:00 EDT 2015

I use Fedora on my laptop and I'm neither pointed-haired or a boss.  ;)
I've been using it for the last few releases.  I'm very happy with it.  The
in-place upgrade to the latest version went smooth.  I used to use openSUSE
with KDE.  Using GNOME 3 isn't too bad though.  If you do go with Fedora,
look for some post-install guides for tweaking it.  Here is one example:
https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/833026-things-to-do-after-installing-fedora-22

Good luck!

Patrick

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/05/2015 01:25 PM, Shawn Rich wrote:
>
>> Have you taken a look at CentOS?
>>

> Nope.  I started my Linux experience with Mandrake, and I've tried
> PCLinuxOS, but no other RPM-based distros.
>
> From all of the comments, it would appear that the only people who like
> Fedora or Red Hat are pointy-haired bosses.
>
> --
>
>                                Chick

END OF LINE.