[GLLUG] BLOBs in Databases

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Mon Feb 2 23:12:01 EST 2015

Oracle has less control now that everything in the core is OSS.  So you should be less wary due to the decreased control, yes?

If you want to create your own datastore like that, fine, but you also have to handle scaling, redundancy, security, etc on your own.  Most people won't want to do all that when they can use an existing abstraction.

Nothing in my example was java specific, but a point is a lot easier to illustrate with at least one example.  J2EE is one of of not the biggest common platform, so it's a suitable example.